The Watkins family of companies is a privately-held conglomerate with approximately $500 million in annual revenue. The enterprise encompasses several operating companies in a variety of industries.
NOVA Engineering and Environmental is an industry leader providing environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing and inspections, plan review and code compliance, municipal/government outsourcing, and roofing/building envelope consulting services.
Through innovation and commitment, we are dedicated to turning our strong history of growth into a successful future. We seek to leverage our operational expertise to grow new businesses into market leaders.
- As a multi-generational family-owned business, we understand the issues of ownership transitions and know how to acquire family owned businesses responsibly.
- We seek opportunities where we can leverage our core competencies in new areas and industries.
- We take a long-term view as we identify businesses with attractive future growth prospects and a management team with a desire to remain involved.
- We strive for a win-win situation with every deal.
- Long-term capital allows us to invest in the future.
- We have no obligations to sell any business in a predetermined time period.
- We allow presidents of our businesses to operate independently, though our philosophy calls for a close-knit organizational structure.
- We have a strong financial track record and significant credit capacity and can close a transaction with readily available financial resources.
TRANSACTION SIZE: $15M – $50M
- Revenue from $30M – $100M
- Growth of 5% or better
- EBITDA margin of 10% or better
- Modest capital investment requirements.
- Industries of scale with opportunities for consolidation.
- Established company operations.
- Rapid growth, low capital intensity with moderate barriers to entry.
- Companies with solid business prospects in a variety of markets.
- Stable management team that will stay on post acquisition.
Primarily interested in opportunities in existing or adjacent markets (Southeastern U.S.) but will explore nationally in the U.S.
- Established operating companies/platforms with associated industry consolidation potential.
- 100% ownership highly preferred with some flexibility for seller to maintain minority interest.
Entrepreneur owned, family-owned, private-equity backed, or corporate sellers interested in ownership transition.
Long-term focus with no obligation to sell at any time.