The Watkins family of companies is a privately-held conglomerate with approximately $400 million in annual revenue. The enterprise encompasses several operating companies in a variety of industries.
Peace Valley Groves is a citrus producer consisting of multiple farms in central Florida which grow a variety of oranges and other citrus products. The company has been professionally run by the same leadership team for over 20 years.
Through innovation and commitment, we are dedicated to turning our strong history of growth into a successful future. We seek to leverage our operational expertise to grow new businesses into market leaders.
- As a multi-generational family-owned business, we understand the issues of ownership transitions and know how to acquire family owned businesses responsibly.
- We seek opportunities where we can leverage our core competencies in new areas and industries.
- We take a long-term view as we identify businesses with attractive future growth prospects and a management team with a desire to remain involved.
- We strive for a win-win situation with every deal.
- Long-term capital allows us to invest in the future.
- We have no obligations to sell any business in a predetermined time period.
- We allow presidents of our businesses to operate independently, though our philosophy calls for a close-knit organizational structure.
- We have a strong financial track record and significant credit capacity and can close a transaction with readily available financial resources.
TRANSACTION SIZE: $15M – $50M
- Revenue from $30M – $100M
- Growth of 5% or better
- EBITDA margin of 10% or better
- Modest capital investment requirements.
- Industries of scale with opportunities for consolidation.
- Established company operations.
- Rapid growth, low capital intensity with moderate barriers to entry.
- Companies with solid business prospects in a variety of markets.
- Stable management team that will stay on post acquisition.
Primarily interested in opportunities in existing or adjacent markets (Southeastern U.S.) but will explore nationally in the U.S.
- Established operating companies/platforms with associated industry consolidation potential.
- 100% ownership highly preferred with some flexibility for seller to maintain minority interest.
Entrepreneur owned, family-owned, private-equity backed, or corporate sellers interested in ownership transition.
Long-term focus with no obligation to sell at any time.